Welcome To Lyme Bytes!

April, 2014- HELLO ALL! I am no longer posting to this blog. For the latest on me and my work, I invite you to subscribe to my NEW blog: www.conniestrasheim.blogspot.com where I share my latest findings on how to heal from chronic illness involving Lyme and other conditions. Thanks!

Greetings and welcome to my Lyme disease blog, a comfy cozy (and sometimes crazy!) place for cutting-edge information, encouragement and insight into the fastest-growing epidemic disease in the United States. In this blog you will find everything from bug-killing strategies to immune system and hormone help, as well as lifestyle and spiritual suggestions for healing from chronic illness involving Lyme disease. The information contained within this blog is based upon my own healing journey and what I have learned over the past eight years as I have been diligently digging and researching my way back to a better state of health. May you find it to be a source of hope, inspiration and wisdom in your own journey towards wellness.

About "Insights Into Lyme Disease Treatment"

About the book:

443 Pages - $39.95
Published August, 2009
Written by Connie Strasheim
Learn More - Bulk Orders - Table of Contents














Sunday, January 21, 2007

Healing Is A Full-Time Job

Healing Is A Full Time Job

If you are not working due to Lyme, do you ever wonder what happens to all that time “off”? Do friends and family ever ask you what you do all day long and wonder how it’s possible you aren’t bored?

The concept of boredom is foreign to me. Even though I don’t work at a paying job, I’ve discovered that treating Lyme is my unpaid, full-time job! Really, I can’t believe how much time I spend trying to annihilate what is perhaps the most complicated disease on the planet.

Just keeping a schedule for my supplements and adhering to it is a gargantuan task. Prior to illness, I had a memory like a flea for taking any kind of pill. Now, I am the champion of vitamin-supplement gobbling, but trying to do it all right is nonetheless an effort.
Why, just take a look at my morning schedule...

9:00 AM- thyroid medication
9:30 AM- salt/C, siberian ginseng, khella and andrographis
9:45 AM- Rizol pure ozonated essential oils
10:00 AM- Breakfast, fish oil, spirulina, and resveratrol
11:00 AM—Iron with another salt/C dose
12:00 PM—chlorella
12:30 PM—Ozonated oils
12:45 PM- Lunch, magnesium, minerals, resveratrol, calcium

The rest of the day doesn’t get any better.
So I’m constantly asking myself all day long which medication or vitamin I need to take next…
Add to this grueling supplement regimen the following; three hours of daily mental therapy (prayer, meditation, binaural beats, visualizations, etc.), three more hours of physical therapies (exercize, sauna, Rifing, enemas, etc.), and another two to three hours of other Lyme-related stuff—ordering supplements, going to the doctor, doing research, answering e-mails, etc. and the day is gone!

Am I insane for maintaining such a regimen? Maybe, but I feel it’s also necessary at this juncture in my healing. I’m sure I’m not the only one with a schedule like this, either, but to anyone who dedicates time and effort towards their healing, I just want to say, We Lyme disease sufferers deserve a prize for all this hard work! :-)

2 comments:

Ruby said...

I am in the unique position of having known Connie since we were roommates at our airline's training program back in '97. Since then, I have seen her grow as a writer, an intellectual, a woman, and a Christian. She is being humble in her posts. She worked tirelessly for years traveling to some of the most impoverished places on Earth to provide for the less fortunate. It it tempting to take your travel benefits and lay in the sun on Oahu. Connie would do missions for school children in Columbia instead. I have great respect for her. What I remember the most about our trips now - I remember us walking through the beautiful streets of Buenos Aires - are our conversations. Talking to Connie is a relief, because her mind is so expansive - and reading the blogs, to me, feels like I'm right there, having a conversation with my friend. I love your writing! Your ability to use candor, humor, compassion, and empathy to tackle diffiucult subjects and situations is amazing. I can't wait to read the rest of the blogs and the rest of your writing...Look forward to great things from this writer in the future...Always, your Greek flying girlfriend, Ruby Sarkos

Sam said...

Connie, I love the way you write. please keep at it - you were absolutely meant to write, write compose, compose - you are a literary genius. You are such an intellectual and inspiration person that I feel somewhat at a loss for words how I feel when reading your wonderful blogs. I especially liked, and related to the blog, "Illness and my faith in God" and felt as if I were there with you on your trials and tribulations. It most definately brought tears to my eyes Connie as I have asked the same questions over and over to God only to be reminded that "My grace is sufficient for you". I think Paul wrote that when he asked Jesus to heal him of his "thorn in his flesh" who knows, Paul may have been dealing with lyme as well but either way Paul went on to accomplish great things thru Jesus his redeemer, comforter and his strength.
I feel you were meant to accomplish wonderful, great things as well, even though I know what you go thru every minute of every hour of this ongoing, meagerly existance we call lyme.
I know in my heart God has dealt you a severe blow to allow you to humbly serve and inspire others in your quest for healing - you are healing as I write this Connie, as you have most assuredly inspired me. I also think you are already on the road to health as your amazing abilty to express yourself will reach numerous multitudes and will return to you 100 fold. Please keep writing to heal yourself and others. Thank you so much Connie - I have never read so much sincere, heartfelt words, and humorous to boot - you really tell it like it is in our daily walk. I must leave it at that as my day is almost finished here at work, and my eyes wanting to fail me.
Anyways, thanks again for these wonderful words. May I go with you to bolivian salt mines some day when we're all feeling a bit better? :-)

And of course, and please dont wince when I say, as I'm sure you've heard 1000's of times, stunningly beautiful.

That of course is just your exterior, and absolutely, you should be very proud but your interior love, humbleness, gratitude and humor have much more meaning to old hillbilly such as I.

Ruby, your post was wonderful and very revealing as well - thank you!


Sincerely - Sam
dudehorner from LS and Buhner groups