Welcome To Lyme Bytes!

April, 2014- HELLO ALL! I am no longer posting to this blog. For the latest on me and my work, I invite you to subscribe to my NEW blog: www.conniestrasheim.blogspot.com where I share my latest findings on how to heal from chronic illness involving Lyme and other conditions. Thanks!

Greetings and welcome to my Lyme disease blog, a comfy cozy (and sometimes crazy!) place for cutting-edge information, encouragement and insight into the fastest-growing epidemic disease in the United States. In this blog you will find everything from bug-killing strategies to immune system and hormone help, as well as lifestyle and spiritual suggestions for healing from chronic illness involving Lyme disease. The information contained within this blog is based upon my own healing journey and what I have learned over the past eight years as I have been diligently digging and researching my way back to a better state of health. May you find it to be a source of hope, inspiration and wisdom in your own journey towards wellness.

About "Insights Into Lyme Disease Treatment"

About the book:

443 Pages - $39.95
Published August, 2009
Written by Connie Strasheim
Learn More - Bulk Orders - Table of Contents














Friday, February 09, 2007

Healing Through A Change Of Scenery?

I once read a statistic about the United States ranking number one hundred and something on the list of healthiest countries to live in, out of two hundred fifty some-odd countries in the world. (Sorry, Lyme fog leaves the last two numbers unclear in my mind. But that it would even be beyond one hundred is mind-boggling to me.) How could this be, when we have so much wealth, access to emergency health care (in comparison with third-world nations) and a comfortable lifestyle?
Personally, I think it has to do with our breakneck pace of life, our performance-oriented thinking, a toxic food supply and environment, as well as the breakdown of the family. In such a busy society, even friendships can be shallow, as these can become based on recreation and rushed increments of time together.

For these reasons and others, I've thought about treating Lyme while living in another nation.
I've traveled enough to see that some of the happiest people in the world live in poverty, and that interdependence and family ties are stronger in societies where people are forced to depend upon one another for their well-being. In these places, if one member of a family or town gets sick, the whole community rallies around to help that person.
Besides these things, we Americans are heavy into self-analysis, and I can't help but wonder if this is part of our misery. Around the world, people are simpler and more outwardly focused. I believe it's to their benefit.

I've contemplated Costa Rica as one possibility for relocation. And not just for the values of community and strong family ties there, but for the more relaxed pace of life, healthier climate and plethora of fresh, unprocessed food. Especially for the pace of life. My adrenals can't handle this hectic, arrive right-on-time lifestyle anymore.
Sure, there are different perils I'd have to face in moving overseas, but the ultimate question is, are these preferable to the toxic elements in my life in the United States? I guess the only way to find out would be to go there! Perhaps one of these days soon I'll have the opportunity to check it out... ;-)

No comments: