Welcome To Lyme Bytes!

April, 2014- HELLO ALL! I am no longer posting to this blog. For the latest on me and my work, I invite you to subscribe to my NEW blog: www.conniestrasheim.blogspot.com where I share my latest findings on how to heal from chronic illness involving Lyme and other conditions. Thanks!

Greetings and welcome to my Lyme disease blog, a comfy cozy (and sometimes crazy!) place for cutting-edge information, encouragement and insight into the fastest-growing epidemic disease in the United States. In this blog you will find everything from bug-killing strategies to immune system and hormone help, as well as lifestyle and spiritual suggestions for healing from chronic illness involving Lyme disease. The information contained within this blog is based upon my own healing journey and what I have learned over the past eight years as I have been diligently digging and researching my way back to a better state of health. May you find it to be a source of hope, inspiration and wisdom in your own journey towards wellness.

About "Insights Into Lyme Disease Treatment"

About the book:

443 Pages - $39.95
Published August, 2009
Written by Connie Strasheim
Learn More - Bulk Orders - Table of Contents














Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Cleansing The Kidneys

I don't know about you, but I feel like when it comes to caring for the body, the kidneys get shortchanged. Much time is devoted to caring for the liver, thyroid and adrenals and other organs affected by Lyme. Even the lungs get more attention.

But consider that the kidneys play a vital role in detoxification and, like the liver and other super star organs, are overworked and underpaid in their job of cleansing the body from toxins produced by Lyme and life.

I'll be the first to admit that I've ignored my little lima bean-like organs. After all, they haven't complained much about all the work I've given them and, like good little soldiers, have performed their job with exceptional efficiency. Up until recently.

Now they're fed up with the big-mouthed adrenals getting all the mind's attention. Why should those two little triangles that sit atop them, all high and mighty, be cared for while they continuously work, without any supplemental nutrients offered specifically to them?

My kidneys have had enough, but fortunately, I don't have lower or mid-back pain yet, which tends to be the kidneys' signal that they are really mad and that serious stones are forming. If you are like me, having only moderate kidney stress, then a few of the following ought to ease the burden of your kidneys' workload:

1) Celery seed tea. This is prepared by pouring a pint of boiling water over a tablespoonful of freshy ground (or cut) celery seeds. Rich in sodium and potassium, this tea speeds up the clearance of water from the body and of toxins from the organs and joints, including the kidneys.
2)Corn-silk tea is another one. This is thought by some to be the best single herb for increasing urine flow and restoring the kidneys.

3)Watermelon seed tea. Prepared like celery seed, this tea is a diuretic that speeds up the cleansing and purifying of kidneys and bladder.

4)Burbur. This potent herb is a powerful detoxifier not only for the kidneys, but also the liver, lymphatic system and body's matrix.

If you have back pain or know that kidney stones are a major problem for you, you will want to try a more in-depth cleanse for the kidneys, such as that provided by Hulda Clark in her book, The Cure For All Diseases. Her kidney cleanse recipe can also be found on the internet.

No comments: