Welcome To Lyme Bytes!

April, 2014- HELLO ALL! I am no longer posting to this blog. For the latest on me and my work, I invite you to subscribe to my NEW blog: www.conniestrasheim.blogspot.com where I share my latest findings on how to heal from chronic illness involving Lyme and other conditions. Thanks!

Greetings and welcome to my Lyme disease blog, a comfy cozy (and sometimes crazy!) place for cutting-edge information, encouragement and insight into the fastest-growing epidemic disease in the United States. In this blog you will find everything from bug-killing strategies to immune system and hormone help, as well as lifestyle and spiritual suggestions for healing from chronic illness involving Lyme disease. The information contained within this blog is based upon my own healing journey and what I have learned over the past eight years as I have been diligently digging and researching my way back to a better state of health. May you find it to be a source of hope, inspiration and wisdom in your own journey towards wellness.

About "Insights Into Lyme Disease Treatment"

About the book:

443 Pages - $39.95
Published August, 2009
Written by Connie Strasheim
Learn More - Bulk Orders - Table of Contents














Sunday, March 11, 2007

Stupid Days

Do you recall that old Sesame Street song you used to hear as a kid? It started out like this..."Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away... And then the music...Dee dum dum). Well, I had a new version of that tune playing through my mind today. It went..."Foggy days, bringing the, clouds to stay..." And then my music: De dumb dumb...

Can I vent for just a moment? I mean, you might feel better just knowing you're not the only foggy froggy freak on the planet. We all know that our fellow Lymies have mental symptoms, but how often do we get an example of what that looks like?

It never fails to astound me what an utter mess this illness can make of my neurons. The cognitive effects of this bug on the brain are unbelieveable, and not just with regards to emotions or poor memory. While these are troublesome symptoms, tonight I have a different bone to pick with Bb, and it has to do with the critters switching my mind over to tortoise speed, or worse, brown slug speed...When this happens, I want to throw my computer out the window and forget attempting to put any of my garbled-up thoughts into words.

Yeah, consider that it just took me nearly an hour to crank out four measly paragraphs on the below EMF post. Besides the sheer block of not knowing what to say or how to say it, I kept hitting the "delete" key to fix transposed words, agreement errors and rediculous redundancies. That's the tortoise brain in action! Woo hoo, look at it go! Okay, so spending an hour on four simple paragraphs wouldn't be so bad for someone who doesn't write, but, for pete's sake, I wrote a blasted novel before I got this bug!

Ah, but I can only complain so much. Kicking and screaming, I grudgingly admit that on some days, I have return glimpses of times when I could run like a hare...and not only in writing, but in all things. Days where tasking felt efficient, and the hours and production mill ran like clockwork. I guess it's good for all of us to try to reminisce and be thankful for those times, whenever we have a foggy tortoise frustrating day, isn't it? And tonight, I only write this last paragraph because I need a good dose of my own medicine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie!!
hmmm, I wonder if you can actually title your piece Stupid Days - obviously from this piece and the content of your others you are highly intelligent. The fact that you are clouded by fog doesn't negate this. IMO, I don't think fog makes you stupid, just slower to reach the same mental destination - you reach that destination with faaar more effort and determination. Those qualities will actually stand by you.

Great writing style, with just the right touch of authorative editorialism :-)

Phil