Welcome To Lyme Bytes!

April, 2014- HELLO ALL! I am no longer posting to this blog. For the latest on me and my work, I invite you to subscribe to my NEW blog: www.conniestrasheim.blogspot.com where I share my latest findings on how to heal from chronic illness involving Lyme and other conditions. Thanks!

Greetings and welcome to my Lyme disease blog, a comfy cozy (and sometimes crazy!) place for cutting-edge information, encouragement and insight into the fastest-growing epidemic disease in the United States. In this blog you will find everything from bug-killing strategies to immune system and hormone help, as well as lifestyle and spiritual suggestions for healing from chronic illness involving Lyme disease. The information contained within this blog is based upon my own healing journey and what I have learned over the past eight years as I have been diligently digging and researching my way back to a better state of health. May you find it to be a source of hope, inspiration and wisdom in your own journey towards wellness.

About "Insights Into Lyme Disease Treatment"

About the book:

443 Pages - $39.95
Published August, 2009
Written by Connie Strasheim
Learn More - Bulk Orders - Table of Contents














Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Heavy Metals and Miracle Minerals

Heavy metals are thieves. They "steal" the receptor sites on cells normally reserved for nourishing minerals. Wherever the body is deficient in minerals, receptor sites hold up Vacancy signs, as heavy metals become opportunists and attempt to move in on these sites...Once they bind to them, they are a nuisance to get rid of.

As Lyme disease sufferers, our bodies are hit with a triple whammy. A weakened immune system means that we can't chelate heavy metals out of the body as effectively as a healthy person can, and further, it is rumored that Borrelia likes to sequester metals for its survival. Then, to make matters worse, the bugs gobble up our mineral reserves and mess with our metabolism so that nutrients don't reach the body, which means more mineral receptor sites are left wide open for metals to attach to.

How do we remedy this? Besides an aggressive chelation protocol, we gotta chug minerals, minerals and more minerals! And not just the macrominerals, such as magnesium and potassium, but the seventy or so trace minerals found in our bodies. This can be accomplished with regular dosing, that is, two or more times a day, of the macros plus a good quality trace mineral complex product. I personally feel that as Lyme sufferers, doses larger than those recommended on the labels may be necessary. I do a double dose of Concentrace, for instance, a wonderful trace mineral product suggested for use as part of the salt/C Lyme protocol.
But trust your God-given intuition or get a good hair analysis test to determine just how lacking you are in minerals, keeping in mind the limitations of hair analysis testing.

Keeping an adequate supply of minerals in the body not only ensures that the immune system and body will have the resources they need to function and fight Lyme, but also discourages and displaces heavy metals from binding to sites that are rightfully reserved for these precious minerals.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey C,

I am now using a Humic/Fulvic acid combo for heavy metals that also has a lot of minerals and I can tell the stuff works. I used it for 2 weeks and during that period, my yellow palms were virtually non-existent and my concentration was near perfect (it is pretty good with the Attend but this turned it up a notch). I went off of it for 1 week and alas, all came back. I am back on it and within 15 minutes of taking it yesterday, the yellow in my palms vanished. I don't even need to take much chlorella with this product.

Will provide a longer report on LS about it.

Mistral

Anonymous said...

A great product to consider reviewing that helps de-tox heavy metals is a product called Zeolite from Waiora. I could bore you all with all the science behind it, but I'll save that for a blog on my own CFS/ME blog and try and remember to come back here to link to it!

Great blog by the way, it's fantastic and encouraging to find others being positive about recovering their health, there's far too many out there full of doom & gloom already!

Connie Strasheim said...

Hey Mistral-
Sounds like amazing stuff! Keep me posted on your progress with it. Thanks!

Sasha- Thanks for the zeolite suggestion. I have used the NCD from waiora and it's great. Another great (and much less expensive) source of zeolite can also be found at: www.destroxin.com
Thanks for your comments!