Welcome To Lyme Bytes!

April, 2014- HELLO ALL! I am no longer posting to this blog. For the latest on me and my work, I invite you to subscribe to my NEW blog: www.conniestrasheim.blogspot.com where I share my latest findings on how to heal from chronic illness involving Lyme and other conditions. Thanks!

Greetings and welcome to my Lyme disease blog, a comfy cozy (and sometimes crazy!) place for cutting-edge information, encouragement and insight into the fastest-growing epidemic disease in the United States. In this blog you will find everything from bug-killing strategies to immune system and hormone help, as well as lifestyle and spiritual suggestions for healing from chronic illness involving Lyme disease. The information contained within this blog is based upon my own healing journey and what I have learned over the past eight years as I have been diligently digging and researching my way back to a better state of health. May you find it to be a source of hope, inspiration and wisdom in your own journey towards wellness.

About "Insights Into Lyme Disease Treatment"

About the book:

443 Pages - $39.95
Published August, 2009
Written by Connie Strasheim
Learn More - Bulk Orders - Table of Contents














Thursday, April 12, 2007

Herbal Rotation Protocol

A tug-of-war exists when it comes to deciding upon a regimen for herbal antibiotics. On one end of the rope are proponents for long, uninterrupted courses of herbs, while on the other, are patients and health care providers who advocate rotating short courses of different herbal remedies. Lately, I have joined the rotational team.

Consider that Lyme graduates at the top of the bacterial class when it comes to Immune Evasion and Adaptability. It can morph, chameleon and play hide-and-seek with whatever herbal or other antibiotic that is thrown at it. But, Borrelia doesn't like surprises, and short, unexpected courses of new herbal antibiotics are effective at throwing it off-guard so that is has no time to employ its tactics.

Proponents of long-term therapy with the same herbs generally don't believe that Bb develops fast resistance to these. Their evidence for the effectiveness of long-term therapy with the same herbs may be just as valid as evidence found for those who pulse and rotate; which means that ultimately, every Lyme sufferer has to go with his/her gut when it comes to approaching Bb with herbs.

Consider that if you pulse, that this can be done by weeks or months. Take H. Buhner's herbs, for instance. Buhner probably wouldn't advocate pulsing his anti-spirochetal herbs, which include andrographis, cat's claw and artemisinin, to name a few. I have found, however, that taking short breaks from these--every other month for a week or so--has on occasion, perpetuated a herx reaction for me.

Lately, I've added cumanda, quina and cryptoleptis to my herbal army and these are taken (according to Dr. Cowden's principles of rotation) for only twelve days at a time each, with a three day break before starting the next one.

Finally, the full moon gets its own special regimen. The cumanda-quina-cryptoleptis are set aside to make room for a quick round of BioPure's rizol oils, which contain powerful bug killers such as walnut, clove, artemisia and garlic.

I can't tell you which team to join in the tug-of-war. My regimen is only one of a thousand possibilities, but perhaps it will provide you with some food for thought as you build your own arsenal against Borrelia.

No comments: