Welcome To Lyme Bytes!

April, 2014- HELLO ALL! I am no longer posting to this blog. For the latest on me and my work, I invite you to subscribe to my NEW blog: www.conniestrasheim.blogspot.com where I share my latest findings on how to heal from chronic illness involving Lyme and other conditions. Thanks!

Greetings and welcome to my Lyme disease blog, a comfy cozy (and sometimes crazy!) place for cutting-edge information, encouragement and insight into the fastest-growing epidemic disease in the United States. In this blog you will find everything from bug-killing strategies to immune system and hormone help, as well as lifestyle and spiritual suggestions for healing from chronic illness involving Lyme disease. The information contained within this blog is based upon my own healing journey and what I have learned over the past eight years as I have been diligently digging and researching my way back to a better state of health. May you find it to be a source of hope, inspiration and wisdom in your own journey towards wellness.

About "Insights Into Lyme Disease Treatment"

About the book:

443 Pages - $39.95
Published August, 2009
Written by Connie Strasheim
Learn More - Bulk Orders - Table of Contents














Monday, April 14, 2008

Is Borrelia Hanging Out In My Food?

Well, uh...maybe. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...that steak you're chewing on might contain borrelia cysts. The suckers might be taking a swim in your milk, or hiding out in your yogurt, too.

I know, this is supposed to be a site of encouragement, and I am dropping dark pellets of pessimism all over your white hopes of success, but I think we need to ponder this a bit.

Nowhere that I know of has it been ascertained that you can get Lyme disease by eating a Big Mac or an ice-cream cone. It is a fact, however, that borrelia has been found in all kinds of animal products, including cow's meat and milk. While we don't know for sure if you can get Lyme disease by consuming these, it certainly seems plausible. Especially since borrelia is the super-bug of the century, able to withstand any kind of harsh living condition that is thrown at it, including extreme temperatures and long periods of time without sustenance. So it can be cooked, pasteurized, frozen and starved, conquering these conditions by changing into a cyst, until it finds itself in a safe environment again.

I'm sorry to spoil your appetite. Really, I am. But if you want to be on the super safe side, you might want to eliminate animal products from your diet. While I don't find it necessary yet to go to that extreme (I'm waiting for the first confirmed case of Lyme disease as a result of eating contaminated meat), I have started to consider the long-range implications for society if Lyme disease is able to be contracted via the consumption of food.

The first is that getting Lyme disease would no longer be a question of If, but rather, a question of When, the disease would manifest itself in everybody.

The second implication is that, should that nightmare scenario happen, then healing strategies would necessarily need to become focused upon building permanent immunity to borrelia, rather than just trying to combat it. Take heart; such strategies are already in the making. Most of them are found in energy medicine. IRT, Immune Response Training is one; Bioresonance techniques are another. Yet because these are relatively new therapies in the western world, only time will tell whether over the long run, they can provide lasting immunity.

In the meantime, take this sobering information with a grain of whatever little grain you prefer. Just make sure it's not too heavy on your system. That borrelia exists in our food is a fact worth pondering, not stressing over (yet).

No comments: