Welcome To Lyme Bytes!

April, 2014- HELLO ALL! I am no longer posting to this blog. For the latest on me and my work, I invite you to subscribe to my NEW blog: www.conniestrasheim.blogspot.com where I share my latest findings on how to heal from chronic illness involving Lyme and other conditions. Thanks!

Greetings and welcome to my Lyme disease blog, a comfy cozy (and sometimes crazy!) place for cutting-edge information, encouragement and insight into the fastest-growing epidemic disease in the United States. In this blog you will find everything from bug-killing strategies to immune system and hormone help, as well as lifestyle and spiritual suggestions for healing from chronic illness involving Lyme disease. The information contained within this blog is based upon my own healing journey and what I have learned over the past eight years as I have been diligently digging and researching my way back to a better state of health. May you find it to be a source of hope, inspiration and wisdom in your own journey towards wellness.

About "Insights Into Lyme Disease Treatment"

About the book:

443 Pages - $39.95
Published August, 2009
Written by Connie Strasheim
Learn More - Bulk Orders - Table of Contents














Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Don´t Strive, Simply Surrender. Stop Trying..and Just Trust

Do you ever just want to give up the fight?
I mean, you´ve tried every flipping treatment under the full moon to beat this nasty illness, only to have fatigue and fifty million symptoms prevail over your not- so-spiffy strategies.

Not to mention the gargantuan investment of time and money you´ve made in those treatments. Why should you bother?

Do you feel a sense of relief at the idea of giving up? At tossing all of your treatments to the wind, because you don´t know what to do anymore?

Good for you! Take a break. Seriously, it might not be such a bad thing. Have you ever thought about relinquishing the outcome of your illness to a higher power? I don´t mean passively doing nothing to treat your Lyme, but not worrying and fretting over when and how you will be healed, believing that all will be done at the right time?

Mostly, I don´t understand the concept of surrender. My mantra has usually been, ¨Try harder!¨ Instead of, "Trust more!" "Strive, because surrender is scary!"

Today as I was praying, however, I had a vision come to mind. In it, Jesus is carrying my tired, ravished body. I am limp and relaxed, as my limbs renounce their strength to his. I find a refuge in letting go and allowing myself to be carried by my savior; comfort in believing that maybe I don´t need to try so hard--in thinking that it might be okay not to ask myself today how I´m going to make a living or how I´m going to treat the next annoying symptom. Just resting, resigned but paradoxically, relieved that I can let it all go.

As Jesus carries me, I am weak, more so than in "real" life. He's holding me on the worst of my Lyme days. My limbs ache, my chest is filled with fatigue, my joints crack and lethargy weighs upon me, but my spirit observes all this from a distance.

And suddenly, I am not that body; I have transcended it.

As I rise above my physical body, I realize that I don´t need to suffer, because even if my own efforts fail, my god can yet renew every cell that cries with the pain of disease and trauma; that wails with the grief of this world and that begs to be filled with His light and love. The possibility sits there, as a great unrealized potential within my spirit.

Was healing meant to be so hard? I don´t know. As I mentioned, most often I don´t understand surrender. Surrender feels like passivity.

In reality, however, it is anything but passive, because trust and letting go are perhaps the most active things we as Lyme disease sufferers can do to promote our healing. Why? When we strive and are discouraged by our lack of progress, our cells resonate with this pain and effort, which keeps us captive in the prison of infection. Our immune system is left without power whenever we bemoan our lack of healing and all the travesties of disease.

Believing in a higher power, in a god that is sovereign and who is actively directing our paths, relieves us of the need to ¨do it all right.¨It keeps us from believing that unless we stumble across the right remedy, we won´t be healed. It encourages us, when we believe that we must carry the weight of the world upon our shoulders, as we take hope in a god who will instead take the weight of our world upon his. It shows us that indeed, healing can be found in the quiet places of trust and surrender, instead of the anxious place of striving, where survival depends upon us, instead of God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really needed to hear that! God encouraged me so much as I read your post at a time when I needed to hear it the most. I've been in the process of learning to let go rather than striving recently, but on more of an emotional level. I've been thinking that since it is so uncomfortable and passive to surrender than it must mean I shouldn't keep doing it, but God confirms again and again that surrender is very GOOD! I am so encouraged to keep on surrendering even though it has been so uncomfortable for me! Thanks for the encouraging words.
God is so blessed by you!!=)

Connie Strasheim said...

Hi Sommer,

I am so glad that God spoke to you through this post! Yes, I think that He wants us to surrender--and surrender is actually anything but passive! I don't think it means, Don't do things, but rather, Don't worry about the outcome. I wish you well in your healing and thanks for the compliment! :)