Welcome To Lyme Bytes!

April, 2014- HELLO ALL! I am no longer posting to this blog. For the latest on me and my work, I invite you to subscribe to my NEW blog: www.conniestrasheim.blogspot.com where I share my latest findings on how to heal from chronic illness involving Lyme and other conditions. Thanks!

Greetings and welcome to my Lyme disease blog, a comfy cozy (and sometimes crazy!) place for cutting-edge information, encouragement and insight into the fastest-growing epidemic disease in the United States. In this blog you will find everything from bug-killing strategies to immune system and hormone help, as well as lifestyle and spiritual suggestions for healing from chronic illness involving Lyme disease. The information contained within this blog is based upon my own healing journey and what I have learned over the past eight years as I have been diligently digging and researching my way back to a better state of health. May you find it to be a source of hope, inspiration and wisdom in your own journey towards wellness.

About "Insights Into Lyme Disease Treatment"

About the book:

443 Pages - $39.95
Published August, 2009
Written by Connie Strasheim
Learn More - Bulk Orders - Table of Contents














Monday, September 08, 2008

Helping Neurological Function In Lyme Disease...Suggestions From Dr. Singleton

One of the more challenging aspects of Lyme disease is treating neurological dysfunction. According to Dr. Singleton, in his book, "The Lyme Disease Solution", six factors contribute to neurological symptoms. These are:

1) Ongoing infection that has not yet been brought under control by the immune system.
2) Chronic inflammation, especially due to poor diet and an unhealthy lifestyle
3) Oxidative stress, especially due to glutathione and deficiency of other anti-oxidants
4) Neurotoxin accumulation
5) Brain metabolism problems, involving abnormalities in the way the brain and neurological tissues handle glucose and other energy sources
6) Neurotransmitter, hormonal and other "miscellaneous" brain issues.

Obviously, getting rid of infections in the brain is paramount to healing, as is controlling inflammation, since it has been cited as the primary cause of chronic degenerative brain diseases such as Alzheimer's. In a previous post, I mentioned Dr. Singleton's suggestions for reducing inflammation.

Also, oxidative stress, a situation in which too many free radicals circulate in the brain, can damage healthy cells. The effects of these radicals can be mitigated by maintaining an anti-oxidant rich diet. Many foods that reduce inflammation, incidentally, also eliminate free radicals.

Further, a diet rich in the following nutrients help to reduce oxidative stress: Vitamin C (especially), Vitamin E, (in the form of gamma-tocopherol, and which must always be taken in conjunction with Vitamin C), Co-Q10, grapeseed extract, alpha lipoic acid and glutathione (which is the most important anti-oxidant produced by the body itself).

Dealing with neurotoxins in the brain is also important for reducing neurological symptoms. In previous posts, I have suggested strategies for ridding the brain and body of neurotoxins, so here I will mention only those advocated by Dr. Singleton. These include cholestyramine (a drug that is especially useful if a person has trouble detoxifying) and Welchol. More natural approaches offered by Dr. Singleton include: zinc, chlorella, resveratrol, modified citric pectin, activated charcoal and phospholipid exchange (which involves the use of Phos-Chol and other fatty acids). The latter has also been recommended by Dr. Klinghardt for deep tissue neurotoxin removal.

Brain metabolism problems are a less commonly known cause of neurological symptoms, and specifically, how the brain and neurotissues handle the energy fuel, glucose. Many Lyme disease sufferers suffer from some degree of insulin resistance, and this hormone is required for the brain to absorb glucose and to send signals into the cells. As insulin resistance worsens, it leads to increased oxidative stress, inflammation, neurotoxin build-up and cell death.

One way to normalize insulin resistance is by taking supplements that function to synergistically open brain cell wall channels for detoxification (which is a function of insulin signaling). Such supplements include omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and conjugated linoleic acid (found in animal foods).

Other supplements that facilitate detoxification in the brain include: cucumin (this spice is also an anti-inflammatory), green tea, and chlorella. Alpha-lipoic acid helps the brain by enhancing insulin sensitivity.

Further, andrographis, japanese knotweed and stephania heal neurological dysfunction in a number of ways. For more information on these herbs, I recommend reading S. Buhner's book, "Healing Lyme."

Finally, addressing neurotransmitter, hormonal and other "miscellaneous" issues are also important for ameliorating neurological symptoms. Use of amino acids to boost neurotransmitter levels and bio-identical hormones to heal hormone dysfunction are just a couple of other strategies advocated by Dr. Singleton for these "miscellaneous" issues. In previous posts, I have discussed additional strategies for dealing with hormone and neurotransmitter problems.

Healing neurological dysfunction in Lyme disease often requires a multi-faceted approach, patience, and much perseverance, but can be realized by applying the above-mentioned strategies to a Lyme disease protocol.

8 comments:

don said...

Hi Connie! Just came across your videos on youtube and found my way to this blog. Am wondering if you ever researched radionics as a way of combating this disease? The only problem with radionics is finding someone who really knows how to do it correctly. It is very complicated to get the system to work, which is probably a good thing, because it is possible to overbalance conditions (especially visceral ones) and cause more problems than you began with. More often than not, people who think they are practicing radionics are in reality not effecting any changes whatsoever, which is probably a good fail-safe. Would like to make an important distinction here between radionics and radiesthesia. Radiesthesia is using the power of the mind to effect change, and there is room for error here. With true radionics the instrument does the work, with no room for error. Radionics is for real and extremely effective in the hands of an operator who really knows how to make it work. Although the system began with Albert Abrams, it was Thomas Galen Hieronymus who was really responsible for what, in my opinion, is the most effective radionic system. The bad news is that the fda has made the medical branch of radionics illegal to practice in the U.S. (although it is a licensed practice in the U.K. and a number of other countries around the world). Surprisingly, agricultural radionics is legal in the U.S., although the powers that be tried to suppress this area also. Anyway, I am a radionics operator and would be happy to provide any additional info that I can. Take care, Don.

Renee said...

Connie
First of all I want to thank you for writing your book..I am reading it right now. I was diagnosed with Lyme and co-infections in June of 2007 after
24 yrs of being sick with what we thought was CFS and Fibromyalgia along with chemical sensitivites, etc. My doctor is good with western and "alternative" medicine. She has talked to me about the neurotoxins, etc. having Lyme is still a new journey for me.
Another new journey is starting a blog of my own here at www.lymeliving.blogspot.com. I am writing you also to ask you if you would have any info on helping me understand how to get my articles on line like you have. I have spent hours trying to figure it out at docs.google.com ......slow but learning! I can publish them as a post, but would rather have them to the side where people can click on them when they want.
I do appreciate the time from your busy schedule...if you can't, that's okay too.
So glad I found your blog when searching for support.
Thanks
Renee

Connie Strasheim said...

Hi Don,

I have read a little bit about radionics and one friend of mine used it with some success for treating her symptoms. How has it worked out for you? Have you used it to treat Lyme?

That's too bad that the FDA has put up roadblocks to its use. I haven't felt led to pursue radionics myself but it sounds like it could be another good potential therapy for treating Lyme.

Thanks for stopping by and for sharing this information.

Connie

Connie

Connie Strasheim said...

Hi Renee,

Thanks for purchasing my book. I pray you will find some helpful insights in it for treating your Lyme disease.

That is great you want to set up a blog! They really aren't that difficult to do, once you know how to do them. I would start by going to blogspot or blogger.com and reading the information there. It would be a bit difficult for me to describe step by step what you need to do in an email. If you want to write me at my other address: connie9824@msn.com and leave me your phone number, I could call you sometime next week to help you get set up.
I just got back from visiting family in the States and am trying to catch up on a few things around here, but I should have more time next week.
In the meantime, I wish you well trying to figure it out, and more importantly, I wish you well in your healing!
Blessings,

Connie

don said...

Hi again Connie. My involvement with radionics began about five years ago. I was seeing a chiropractor who performs kinesiology (which is also an effective practice, although it is slower and more limited) for complications from a minor car accident. Her husband is a radionics operator, and from my first exposure I was hooked. My goals, however, were in a different field. My life has been dedicated to music, being a saxophone and flute player. Have been developing methods to channel ancient melody for global healing and alignment with some success (radionics is an interface with the ether-fields). As far as balancing goes, I have had success with heart conditions, diabetes, arthritis, and joint conditions. Have never balanced borrelia (the radionic rate for borrelia is 37-50.5). I feel that metaphysical areas are where radionics especially shines. I have had incredible results balancing on depression, for instance. Other metaphysical areas would include emotions, auric work, dark force energies and negative entities, planetary forces, and chakras, just to name a few. These areas seem to respond rather quickly and easily. As far as the FDA goes, it seems there is some grey area here. It is legal to do an analysis, of which I have done many, that someone can take to a medical professional to look for underlying causes behind a medical condition which conventional testing simply cannot detect. Radionic analysis (whether in the medical or agricultural field) has the ability to look much deeper than any conventional testing methods, including the physical, etheric, astral, and causal levels (and more). It seems that the FDA is concerned with stopping radionic operators from developing practices that will heal multiple people (like an M.D. practice), so it is when money starts changing hands that one might get into trouble. It is really too bad, because with radionics you have an incredibly effective technology that generates zero side-effects. Maybe something can be done yet. In the agricultural world, radionics usage seems to be growing, kind of like the biodynamic wine movement. I live in Des Moines, Iowa, and I know a number of farmers who are using radionics to successfully manage their farms. It's just that no one talks about it openly. More shall be revealed. If there is anything else I can do, please let me know. Best wishes, Don.

Renee said...

Thank you so much Connie. This is so nice of you. I will email you my phone number if you feel you can't explain via the written word.
God bless
Renee

Connie Strasheim said...

Hi Renee,

Go ahead and send me your number at: connie9824@msn.com. Thanks!

Sofia said...

Thannks for writing this