Welcome To Lyme Bytes!

April, 2014- HELLO ALL! I am no longer posting to this blog. For the latest on me and my work, I invite you to subscribe to my NEW blog: www.conniestrasheim.blogspot.com where I share my latest findings on how to heal from chronic illness involving Lyme and other conditions. Thanks!

Greetings and welcome to my Lyme disease blog, a comfy cozy (and sometimes crazy!) place for cutting-edge information, encouragement and insight into the fastest-growing epidemic disease in the United States. In this blog you will find everything from bug-killing strategies to immune system and hormone help, as well as lifestyle and spiritual suggestions for healing from chronic illness involving Lyme disease. The information contained within this blog is based upon my own healing journey and what I have learned over the past eight years as I have been diligently digging and researching my way back to a better state of health. May you find it to be a source of hope, inspiration and wisdom in your own journey towards wellness.

About "Insights Into Lyme Disease Treatment"

About the book:

443 Pages - $39.95
Published August, 2009
Written by Connie Strasheim
Learn More - Bulk Orders - Table of Contents














Saturday, June 09, 2007

Adrenal Fatigue and Hypothyroidism

When it comes to Lyme, many folks suffer hypothyroidism alongside adrenal fatigue.
But did you know that adrenal fatigue can be the reason for your hypothyroidism?
Yet, it's usually treatment of the former which is given greater attention.

The truth is, cortisol, one of the primary adrenal hormones, is required for thyroid hormone uptake into the cells. So if you're supplementing your thyroid with synthetic or natural thyroid hormone, you may remain hypothyroid, because, in the absence of cortisol, all that thyroid simply floats around your bloodstream, where it goes unused by the body.

Further, thyroid hormone tests are inadequate for determining how much thyroid your body is using, because they only measure how much hormone circulates in the bloodstream. They don't measure what the cells are able to uptake.

By treating the adrenal glands so that cortisol production is increased, some folks have actually found that they are able to reduce the amount of thyroid hormone they take. This is great news for anyone who is frustrated by a sluggish thyroid that refuses to respond to increased dosages of thyroid hormone.

3 comments:

LGT said...

thanks for posting this. I didn't know that before.

Kirkules said...

So how do you treat adrenal fatigue?

Adamson said...

I am doing things I wanted to do because I have my energy back. Desiccated bovine thyroid helped me get a new life. In just two weeks, I lost 15 pounds that I haven't lost in three years. I highly recommend it.