Welcome To Lyme Bytes!

April, 2014- HELLO ALL! I am no longer posting to this blog. For the latest on me and my work, I invite you to subscribe to my NEW blog: www.conniestrasheim.blogspot.com where I share my latest findings on how to heal from chronic illness involving Lyme and other conditions. Thanks!

Greetings and welcome to my Lyme disease blog, a comfy cozy (and sometimes crazy!) place for cutting-edge information, encouragement and insight into the fastest-growing epidemic disease in the United States. In this blog you will find everything from bug-killing strategies to immune system and hormone help, as well as lifestyle and spiritual suggestions for healing from chronic illness involving Lyme disease. The information contained within this blog is based upon my own healing journey and what I have learned over the past eight years as I have been diligently digging and researching my way back to a better state of health. May you find it to be a source of hope, inspiration and wisdom in your own journey towards wellness.

About "Insights Into Lyme Disease Treatment"

About the book:

443 Pages - $39.95
Published August, 2009
Written by Connie Strasheim
Learn More - Bulk Orders - Table of Contents














Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Not A Vacation, But Healing -Costa Rica Chapter Two

People often ask me how I can travel with Lyme. I'm not sure that I can. I just do, and then leave the degree of my can with God. Sometimes miracles happen.
Like last Friday, when I was waiting for a bus bound south for Golfito and two sets of hands jumped in to help me haul my two suitcases onto a dilapidated chicken bus. I had expected a luxury bus with stowage below but this was an old school bus with too many steps and a driver who stopped only for a split second to let me hop aboard. Thank God for the chivalry of men in this country, as countless hands have helped me lift my supplement-laden suitcases onto taxis, buses and up hotel stairs. And it's only been a week. I couldn't do it alone. Once a Flight Attendant and able to haul my bags into an overhead bin, I now struggle to lift a piece of luggage two inches off the ground.

So am I enjoying myself here in Costa Rica? I wouldn't say yes, not yet anyway. I still have Lyme and lugging my limbs about a foreign country is no fourth of July fiesta. But Praise God, the monotony of my housebound life has been broken, as I am steeped in another kind of cultural tea.
No, I wouldn't call traveling with Lyme fun, especially if you are like me and your back aches just carrying around a backpack with nothing more than your passport and liter of water inside, and you struggle to find a restaurant that actually serves green things for dinner.
But I'm not here on vacation anyway. If I were, I'd be engaging in tourist-like activities; swimming, hiking and drinking beer with friends. None of which I have energy or money for. Don't whip out some cheese to go with my whine here--I'm quite content to be in Costa Rica for what it is I came here for; perspective and possible healing in a climate and culture that contrasts with my own. And I need to be able to pull that Disabled sticker off my forehead. I need to know that I can still do that which I love most, even with Lyme.

No comments: