Welcome To Lyme Bytes!

April, 2014- HELLO ALL! I am no longer posting to this blog. For the latest on me and my work, I invite you to subscribe to my NEW blog: www.conniestrasheim.blogspot.com where I share my latest findings on how to heal from chronic illness involving Lyme and other conditions. Thanks!

Greetings and welcome to my Lyme disease blog, a comfy cozy (and sometimes crazy!) place for cutting-edge information, encouragement and insight into the fastest-growing epidemic disease in the United States. In this blog you will find everything from bug-killing strategies to immune system and hormone help, as well as lifestyle and spiritual suggestions for healing from chronic illness involving Lyme disease. The information contained within this blog is based upon my own healing journey and what I have learned over the past eight years as I have been diligently digging and researching my way back to a better state of health. May you find it to be a source of hope, inspiration and wisdom in your own journey towards wellness.

About "Insights Into Lyme Disease Treatment"

About the book:

443 Pages - $39.95
Published August, 2009
Written by Connie Strasheim
Learn More - Bulk Orders - Table of Contents














Wednesday, December 01, 2010

No More Lyme and Co-Infections!

On September 26, 2004, I became completely disabled by a chronic illness, which, approximately one year later, I discovered was Lyme disease. I have spent the past six years of my life trying to recover from this insidious disease and a plethora of infections, that only some seem to be able to completely eradicate or bring under control, after years of treatments and thousands of dollars spent on drugs, herbs, and a million supplements to support the body in its journey back to health.

I have battled over ten major tick-borne infections, including borrelia, six strains of babesia, another co-infection called bartonella and a host of other opportunistic infections such as candida.

Today, six years, three months, and five days after my initial "crash", my doctor declared me to be free of the final, and most difficult to eradicate infection-babesia.

Is it any coincidence that this would happen the day after the release of my new book, in which I contend that God is willing and able to heal humanity, both with medicine and supernaturally, if we just believe in Him, against all odds?

To learn more about or purchase this book, visit: http://www.healingchronicillness.org.

I wrote the book while still very sick, which required me to take a difficult, but very important, leap of faith, because God asked me to believe before I would see. The world functions in reverse; mostly, we need to see before we will believe, but God challenged me to do the opposite, even while every symptom in my body and years of intense suffering conspired against me believing in this truth.

I still have work to do to heal from the damage that Lyme and its co-infections have caused my body, as Lyme has ravaged its every system and organ. But over the past few months, life has started to feel normal again. I can work full days and go weeks without having a really bad day. Then again, don't "healthy" people even have bad days? I guess I don't know what "normal" is supposed to feel like anymore, but the insidious fatigue, depression, anxiety, brain fog, insomnia, and other problems that used to assault me on a daily basis have become mild and tolerable as of late.

I believe God will finish the job and heal my organs. But I must keep believing, as I have fought to do this entire year....because He asks that we believe, in order to receive. Against all odds. But it will be easier now, because my immune system won't be fighting an onslaught of pathogenic garbage anymore. Praise God!

I wouldn't wish Lyme disease on my worst enemy, but now I see His purposes in having allowed me to go through six years of hell.

May this story encourage you as you believe Him to restore all things that are broken in your life! He loves us and will work with us towards wellness, if only we have the courage to believe.

Have a blessed day!

6 comments:

Lydia N. said...

I'm so happy for you! I'm sure it's such a great feeling. I hope you continue to feel well and congratulations on your new book. Wish you all the best now and in the future.

Joey said...

Congrats Connie!!

Our of curiosity, what form of testing did your doc use to determine this?

Connie Strasheim said...

Hi Lydia! Thank you :)
I wish you all the best, too!
Blessings, Connie

Hi Joey,

Great to "see" you! Hope you are doing well. My doctor used ART testing (Dr. Klinghardt's method) to determine this. I believe his results are accurate because his patients consistently test free of infections after they are first declared "Lyme free" and seem to do well, symptom-wise. I will continue to follow up with him for awhile, though, to make sure that this remains the case! It seems to me that he has success with people because he continually rotates drug/herbal regimens, and tests to find out exactly which herb/drug people need at any given time.

I'm not feeling 100% yet but like Dr. Bock and other Lyme docs have told me, it's not always "all about the infections." And if I have learned anything from your posts, I think you would agree! Some people have damage in their bodies from the Lyme (and I am still testing for kidney, liver and adrenal stress, probably as a result of being on drugs/herbs for a year), and I had adrenal insufficiency which I believe preceded the Lyme and which was not just a result of the Lyme. I think that this, by the way, is HUGE for some people. My sister, for instance, has symptoms of CFIDS, but she doesn't have Lyme infections (my doc tested her). I need to do a post on this because I think it's so important--major life stressors (environmental toxins, bad food and emotional stress), when prolonged, cause adrenal fatigue, which causes immune suppression, which then allows infections to get a foothold. I think so much of what we suffer is stress induced, and only sometimes, is Lyme the primary "thing." I still have work to do to rebuild my adrenals (the never-ending task!) but hopefully it will be easier now that the infections are gone, or at least under control.

Thanks for writing!

Connie

sharon said...

Thanks for addressing the adrenal connection. Adrenal fatigue is another health condition that isn't accepted and many go untreated because of that.

I'm going to be tested for Lyme in the near future to see if it's more than just my adrenal fatigue.

eyelift said...

This is really good news. Co-infection usually results in more severe disease, more symptoms, and a longer recovery. Thanks for share this information.

VictorBrodt said...

My wife and I have also written a book (about the Love of a dog-not this subject) while struggling with Lyme, it was our labor of love that we managed to get out in spite of the challenge. We just found out that Lyme was a factor, it has been over 16 years and now the treatment begins. It is good to hear about others who are further along. It is a wonder that anyone could make it through the experience without a hope and faith that is beyond our strength.
As always, wishing what every good dog already sees in you, the very Best!
Victor and Caren Brodt